tween/teen: something different. wednesdays, march 3, 10 and 31st. 7-8pm.
In this one week virtual spring break intensive, tween and teen artists will explore using unusual surfaces to create a variety of artworks. During the one hour classes, artists will create an acrylic painting on a coin, use recycled styrofoam packaging to create an artwork inspired by Gertrude Morgan, use acrylic inks on acetate, watercolours on plaster and even paint by flashlight using found objects inspired by artist Zhaoxiaoli.
- very fine paint brush
- acrylic paint- primary colours, white and black
- varnish to seal painting (optional)
- mat board to mount coin (optional)
- container for water
- found styrofoam packaging (ex. sanitized meat tray)
- black permanent marker
- acrylic ink - red, yellow and blue (white is optional)
- acetate (page protector will work or you can buy single acetate sheet at OPUS art supplies)
- plaster paris
- cardboard scrap