tween/teen: made with love. wednesdays, february 3-24th. 7-8pm
In this four week virtual course, tween and teen artists will create a variety of artwork inspired by artists who created works of art especially for someone they loved. Artists will create a brooch inspired by a ring Picasso created for his love, Dora Maar, a graphite hand drawing inspired by an Alfred Stieglitz photograph of Georgia O'Keeffe's hands, a mixed media owl painting inspired by Jack Shadbolt's anniversary painting to his wife and a miniature eye painting inspired by Prince George of Wales love for Maria Anne Fitzherbert in 1785. Works of art tweens and teens are sure to love inspired by artists who were in love.
Artworks show by Pablo Picasso and unknown from the Victoria and Albert Museum collection.
- sketch paper or cardstock
- ballpoint pen
- pencil crayons
- oven bake clay- artist chooses colours
- brooch pin (can be found at craft store in jewelry section
- glue (crazy or gorilla glue is best)
- drawing pencils (H and B leads)
- watercolour paper
- oil pastel
- acrylic paint (primary colours, white and black)
- small, medium and large paintbrush
- container for water
- paper towel/rag